Why We Call It Inland “Marine” Insurance

Inland marine insurance is one of those terms that can be a little misleading. Inland marine insurance covers a variety of property including property in transit, the property being held by a bailee and mobile medical equipment. The fact is that most inland marine property in Pembroke Pines, FL is actually transported on land.

The name comes from "marine insurance," being insurance used to cover goods that were being shipped across bodies of water. When this property was then transferred to the people who would transport it across the land, the same insurance policies would often apply, being covered by a "marine" policy even though it was being shipped by truck or other land vehicles. So inland marine insurance is a form of marine insurance, but for items on land.

It’s a bit like the term "shipping." Most shipping today involves simple state-to-state, city-to-city transport, and when it doesn’t, it’s more likely that it’s going to be sent on airplanes than on actual ships. Shipping rarely involves actual ships in this day and age, and marine insurance doesn’t always mean shipping across a body of water.

In short: If you’re looking to sign up with McCormick Insurance Inc. for a policy to protect goods being shipped from point A to point B, don’t get confused by the name. Inland marine insurance doesn’t mean your goods will ever see the cargo hold of a ship, it’s just a name.

When shipping, you have a lot on the line, whether you’re going by land, sea or air. You need to make sure you have adequate protection, and that’s why McCormick Insurance Inc. is serving the Pembroke Pines, FL area.