What Are Some Common Inland Marine Insurance Exclusions?

Inland marine insurance covers the property not typically covered by standard homeowners or commercial property policies. This type of policy is often used by businesses that operate in multiple states, as it can provide protection for their goods no matter where they are located. 

However, before purchasing a policy, you should be aware of some common inland marine insurance exclusions. This blog post will discuss the most common exclusions and what you can do to protect yourself from potential losses.

1. Property Transported by Plane, Helicopter, or Boat

If your property is being transported by an aircraft, watercraft, or boat, it usually isn’t covered under an inland marine insurance policy. You see, these types of policies are designed to cover property that is transported via land. So, if you’re shipping your belongings overseas or sending them via UPS, you’ll need a different type of policy from McCormick Insurance Inc. 

2. Property in the Care, Custody, or Control of a Common Carrier

If you’re shipping your belongings via UPS or FedEx, they are technically considered to be in the care, custody, and control of a common carrier. They usually aren’t covered under an inland marine insurance policy.

3. The Vehicle Transporting the Property

The vehicle transporting your property is also not covered under an inland marine insurance policy. So, if your car breaks down or is in an accident while transporting your belongings, the damage to your belongings probably won’t be covered.

4. Weather-Related Damages

Inland marine insurance policies also exclude damages caused by weather events in Pembroke Pines, FL, such as floods, hurricanes, and earthquakes.


If you’re looking for coverage for your belongings while they’re in transit, McCormick Insurance Inc. can help. We offer various insurance policies that can provide the coverage you need. Come to our offices in Pembroke Pines, FL, or give us a call today to learn more.