Can You Insure a Non-Traditional Home on a Home Insurance Policy?

When it comes to insuring a home there are some stipulations that do need to be met in order to be able to add a residence to the policy. The main issue is, of course, the zoning of the property in question. For those that live in the Pembroke, FL area, the agents with McCormick Insurance Inc. can help you to find the best home policy, no matter what type of home you live in.

For the most part, a home is a place where people live and that is on a property that is zoned as residential. This means that a home must be on a piece of land that is zoned for residential use rather than commercial. With any home policy, your agent is going to come to the home to help value it, to determine what sort of policy is going to protect it best, and to tailor the coverage as needed. This is an essential step and with a good insurance agent, you can get your home insured perfectly.

Even homes that are non-traditional like converted spaces that have been made into homes can be insured on home policies. Say you have a grain silo that has been converted into a home, if the property is rezoned residential and space fits all the safety requirements to be considered a home, then you can insure it on a home policy. You will, of course, need an agent to help you to evaluate your home and make sure it fits the requirements to be insured as a home.

For those in the Pembroke Pines, FL area, the agents with McCormick Insurance Inc. can help you to insure your home, be it traditional or a little out there.